The Winston Family!

Your source for infrequent updates on the adventures and misadventures of Stephen, Janet, Rose, John, Seth and baby Joy.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Perspective

This afternoon we were reading books when I noticed Rose was dancing a bit. Then this happened...

Me: Hey, do you need to use the bathroom?
R: NO! I do NOT!" 
Me: Sweetheart, you do not need to yell at me. If you keep speaking to me like that you will have to go to your room.
R:  Why would you even ask me that?
Me: You were wiggling around like you might need to go.
R: I DO NOT NEED TO GO! AAAARRGH!
Me: Ok, you're yelling at me again. You need to go to your room.
R: I DID NOT YELL! I JUST RAISED MY VOICE!
Me: You're yelling at me right now. Go to your room, please.
R: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YELLING AND RAISING YOUR VOICE! ARE YOU TOTALLY OUT OF IT? THIS IS COMPLETELY UNFAIR!  (Grumble grumble stomp yell etc...)

Ten minutes later, when released from her room she approached me and said in a totally calm voice, and in all seriousness, "Wow, Mom, you really lost your temper there!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home