The Winston Family!

Your source for infrequent updates on the adventures and misadventures of Stephen, Janet, Rose, John, Seth and baby Joy.

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Not too sick to be descriptive...

The boys have been sick this week. John came down with it first, and they refused to stop snuggling at night. Big surprise, Seth woke up feeling very under the weather. He described how he felt very clearly.

"My body is too hot- from the inside."
"I think my hands don't work. I don't want to even move my fingers."
"When I shake my head my brain is sore."
"My tongue doesn't even feel like a tongue."
"I think food would just be terrible, no matter what it is."
"I don't think I can go to school- even though it's a publishing day, and I'm not even behind, and it's almost my turn. That's how you know I'm really sick."

John went to school after missing two days. Apparently it was a little too soon. He said "I must look how I feel, because all day everyone kept asking me if I was ok and if I needed to sit down." (With the notable exception of the gym teacher who told him if he was healthy enough to do math he was healthy enough to run laps. Not sure I agree with his logic.) 

Looks like his teachers won't be too surprised when he doesn't show up tomorrow. I hope they both feel better soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home