The Winston Family!

Your source for infrequent updates on the adventures and misadventures of Stephen, Janet, Rose, John, Seth and baby Joy.

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Ups and Downs

Last week, I was invited to a party for NYC Lego League volunteers. I automatically said no initially, because I never do things like that, but my fellow coach talked me into going. It was drinks and appetizers in a swanky office building downtown with a panoramic view. Totally not my thing, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to pretend to be a grown up now and then. So I got dressed up, arranged for Rose to babysit till Stephen got home, and hopped on the subway with my friend.

It was a nice place, with some yummy food, and a really amazing view. And it was fun to talk to adults. I was definitely enjoying myself.


Then I took a bite of guacamole and tasted fish. Thanks a lot, random double dipper. I looked at my friend and said- "I have to take a lot of medicine and go home. Right now." And that's what I did. 

I made sure my Benadryl was working before I got on the subway, because I knew that if it wasn't I needed to use my epi-pen and find a hospital. But thankfully, it was getting the job done. I was back home and in bed by 8:30. So much for being a fancy grown up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home