The Winston Family!

Your source for infrequent updates on the adventures and misadventures of Stephen, Janet, Rose, John, Seth and baby Joy.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Sky is Falling!

In a very Chicken Little moment, I got smacked in the head with something. It wasn't as big as the sky, but it was definitely bigger than an acorn. It was a bike.

One of our clever New York City space-saving strategies was to hang the kids' bikes up from hooks on the kitchen ceiling. They have been up there for months, and it seemed like a great idea. On Tuesday, though, Rose's bike had apparently had enough and came crashing down. I was unfortunately standing underneath it, and took the hit.

The good news: I was not holding a baby at the time. More good news: It landed tire first, inflicting much less damage. Even more good news: The hook just slipped out of the ceiling without bringing huge chunks of plaster with it. Still more good news, I am staying home with a sick baby anyway, so I can take it pretty easy until my perma-headache goes away.

I talked about it with John afterwards:
Mom: That was pretty scary when a bike fell on Mommy, huh?
John: What bike?
Mom: Rose's bike.
John: When?
Mom: A few minutes ago, when we were in the kitchen and a bike fell on my head.
John: Oh yeah, I saw that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home