The Winston Family!

Your source for infrequent updates on the adventures and misadventures of Stephen, Janet, Rose, John, Seth and baby Joy.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Bronchiolitis is not a made up word...

... And a nebulizer isn't a gun from a science fiction novel. Those are two things we learned when we trudged through a pseudo hurricane (rain isn't supposed to go sideways!) to take Seth to the doctor today. It was all worth it, though to hear those four little words: "Everything is just fine." Except that's not what I heard. I heard: "It's probably not pneumonia." Now, 'probably not' is good, but I really prefer 'definitely not.' Eventually we got a more definite diagnosis- bronchiolitis caused by RSV. We also got a nebulizer to take home so we can administer breathing treatments to our wheezy little guy. So not pneumonia, but definitely something.

It is good to have a diagnosis, and I am hoping that this will help him feel better fast. He has been really miserable the last few days (and we are all desperately sleep-deprived). I realize, though, that this will only confirm me in all of my mom-paranoias. From now on, whenever I tell myself "it's probably not a big deal," I will think: 'probably not' is good, but 'definitely not' is better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home